All of our Topsail Island Visions products were made with a purpose – to help people of different abilities find their vision through art. We experiment with scents and textures to enrich your creativity and bring back the artists you once thought was lost. Our scented paints and textured artists canvases make perfect gifts for kids and adults. This experience can serve as a delightful sensory exercise for people with vision loss, battling cancer, or suffering from depression. See how we’re helping people from all walks of life never lose sight of their vision.
Directions For Painting Vision Board:
- Using your fingers apply the background making swirls, dots, etc. Create some energy.
- Let dry.
- Next, paint the raised image with your fingers using a seperate color. Contrast light and dark colors.
- Let dry.
- On the background, you can add another layer of paint if you wish.
- You can splash drops of water on the wet paint to make a dripping effect, IF YOU WISH!
- Let every layer dry before adding another layer.
- After your artwork is dry, embellish with textures from your bag!
- Enjoy your creation! This art piece could be framed if you liked.
We use our own mixture to create vision boards, a textured canvas that you paint on. With a unique stenciling process, we adhere the special mixture by hand in the negative space. Artists apply paint with their fingers, feeling the variations in texture on the canvas. Textured Vision boards come in various sizes and over 20 different images.
Our complete kits are the best way to enjoy Topsail Island Visions products, they make perfect gifts for loved ones. Each kit includes one textured vision board, three scented paints, and an embellishments bag to add even more texture. Every kit comes with instructions on how to enhance your sensory experience. The sense of feel will help you find the image on the board, and apply the paints to the image and the background. The sense of smell will help you identify the aroma of each individual paint.
Artwork by artists and VIP (Visually Impaired Person, Nancy McCurtin). Nancy is completely blind. She uses Topsail Island Visions products and process of painting with her fingers. She can paint by herself in her studio with no assistance.
Cheryl Crane – Hunter is a professional artist and professor. She is the rocking the art world through her mixed media designs, paintings, or workshops she offers. She accepts commission work.